The principle of NPUST is to nurture talents with the quality of specialization, internationalization and the whole person as well as to focus on both fundamental academic research and professional education , establishing a distinctive institution of higher learning. Sustainable development is the guiding principle of NPUST that prudently maintains digital content and finds new ways of value-added application to expand the availability of data. Through detailed teaching materials, the quality and effectiveness of teaching is also raised.
1. To provide a portal site of academic IR of NPUST. As a long-term project that continuously invests resources and unceasing content, it is of great importance to offer real time, up-to-date and complete data.
2. To ensure the digital content is well-managed and permanently preserved.
3. To combine business applications, creating market value through the industrial chain, as well as promote humanism, society, industry and the economy of Taiwan.
4. To take service output of technology as an eventual objective.
Secondly, NPUST takes education of meteorology seriously among the colleges and universities in the nation. By establishing the Digital Database of the Meteorology Station, it would become the most representative and significant teaching resource in the university. In addition to academic contributions, it offers a research platform on weather change in the globe in order to fulfill sustainable development. By integrating all featured databases, the following actions aim to achieve sustainable development:
1. The observation post provides data for academic research regarding agriculture technology and weather changes, encouraging people in southern Taiwan to participate in research on meteorology, so as to raise funds for research projects of agricultural meteorology.
2. To build up an environment suitable for learning about meteorology, and satisfy the demand of research and teaching in all kinds of institutes and schools by demonstrating results, then increase our reputation and so attract potential students.
3. To strengthen students’ professional knowledge of meteorology, and to meet the need for the future career development.
4. To erect a digital database of meteorology to meet the needs of research on weather changes and further, to participate in international cooperation and research projects.
5. To continuously raise research funds from the university.
6. To form strategic alliances with businesses and combine in-service training, create a new model of university and industry liaison system, and maintain this system.
7. To develop as a digital learning center as well as digital creative and value-added projects, and endeavor to gain the subsidy of National Science and Technology Program for e-learning.
Furthermore, the collection and filing of animal, plant, and insect specimens are long-term efforts, which require persistent investment in manpower and material resources, thus a Specimen Room will be developed. Because a Digital Archive is a transitional work, the required budget and labor power are beyond routine work. However, after the investment from this project, the management of the Specimen Room will move forward to digitalization, involving data updates, data access, data exchange, teaching and research which would lead to revolutionary changes. Then the operation of the Room will be sustainable and internationalized. The measures to fulfill sustainable development are stated as follows:
National Pingtung University of Science and Technology：1,Shuefu Rd.,Neipu,Pingtung 912,TAIWAN,R.O.C. Phone:886-8-7703202